Best PC Controllers:10 Hand-Picked You Can Buy In 2019
PC controllers will help you enjoy games in a different way, a reason why this category of gaming devices has popularity in the market. Even though you can manage playing games on a PC with a keyboard and a mouse, adding special devices make the gaming experience more special. For that reason there is a host of such products in this category. Here we look at some popular products among best PC controllers 2018 and review them as per the features they come with.
Why you need a PC controller?
When it comes to PC gaming, you will find several choices. The Xbox controller, for instance, is a standard device that many opt for when it comes to PC gaming. It is known to have some beneficial features that make it delightful to use. PCs can get you other kinds of flexibility as well when it comes to playing games with them and that is where controllers come in. Indeed, there are certain devices that are built more for different categories of gaming such as fighting games, racing games, platforms and others.
It is not too hard to configure controllers to your Windows or Mac PC. Usually plugging in a controller will showcase prompts to set up the right configurations on your system and you are good to go. With several choices, you can take your pick among responsive models, controllers as per the prices they come for and functionalities.
Best PC controllers I picked in 2019: table & lists
If you are a PC gamer, you will want to have the best PC controllers in the market. Some are developed as console units first and have been made compatible with PC only later; here are some popular PC controller models in the market:
- Dualshock series of Sony.
- Xbox series of Microsoft.
The above product brands come with several subcategories of controllers that are built for diverse gaming experiences. In the sections below, we explain how we picked up different products, basis of choices and what the most popular products you could look at in different categories are.
How we picked?
Among the factors that you need to look at when choosing a PC gaming controller the following are the ones that matter most:
Comfort of use is one of the aspects that you need to consider when choosing a controller device. Not everyone is a hardcore gamer and using a controller with several control buttons and customizable features can be confusing for one. At the same time, those who wish to get the maximum out of their gaming experience would want advanced features that help them explore more features in a game. Hence, the level of comfort and ease of operation is what you need to look at when deciding on a purchase.
Responsive buttons and triggers
Comfort and ease of use are linked to buttons and how they respond as well as the triggers on the device. Some controllers are built with minimal trigger or control features while others come with several buttons and triggers. Again, the lightness of touch and how well the buttons respond is a key aspect that determines quality of PC controllers.
Compatibility with Windows, Mac OS, and Steam
The next aspect to consider is the compatibility. How compatible is the device to your computer’s operating system? This is one of the main aspects to consider before you look at the physical functions of the controller device. In fact, this aspect should be considered foremost when you are segregating the devices to look at. When you have a Windows PC you need to shortlist the devices that would be compatible with it and then choose accordingly.
A good price
How do you know what price is the right bargain for a PC controller such as PS3 Controller on PC? Certain brands have higher priced or premium products that come with additional features while a standard controller device would get you standard features only. Again, certain brands offer a lot more features for a certain budget range. Hence, it is best to review the different products in the market and then take a decision. If you have a budget constraint, you need to look at choices accordingly.
Wireless controllers should also work when wired
Wireless controllers usually are preferred for the flexibility they offer to gamers. You need not be sitting too close to the unit and you have the freedom to move around as you want. Wireless controllers that come with the additional feature of working when wired are also beneficial. You might want to take a controller that comes with both options so that running out of battery is never a problem.
How we tested?
Controllers need to be tested as per certain parameters and technology features they offer. Since you want a controller that would give great response to different kinds of games, a modern controller should offer versatile yet delightful gaming experience. Modern controllers are tested on Windows desktop and laptop as well as on the iMac. They are also tested on a range of games that span two dimensions or three. There are different categories of games in these segments as well. For instance, the experience of working on a first person shooter game versus exacting and precise action games of 2D would require certain features on the controllers.
The controllers also need to be tested as per button response, hours of playing time and so forth.
The key players: Choose your best PC controllers, in-depth reviews
Here you will find the key products of popular brands in this segment discussed with respect to their features, advantages and limitations and so forth. We have formed segments as per which we look at different products that are ideal in that category and explore their features, advantages and limitations.
Part #1 Top 3 best overall PC controllers 2018
With technology advances PC controllers today has much to offer. Take a peek at what you get for different budget ranges or OS that you have for your gaming PC.
Quick tips for this top pick
Top picks for the different segments are considered as per the features they offer. As discussed above, we look at key aspects like comfort, responsiveness of triggers and buttons, compatibility with different OS, design of the devices and so forth. The top picks are as per feedback from customers as well as what is most popular and highly rated in this market.
Editors’ choice: ZD-V+ USB Wired Gaming Controller Gamepad For PC
This is the best pick in the budget segment under $20. If you are an entry level gamer who wishes to make his or her first game PC controller purchase, then this is a product best to consider.
About this Best PC controller
The features that this PS3 Controller on PC offers are the following:
- It has supportive features of Windows 10, 8, 7 as well as the PlayStation 3.
- It can also work with Android, which gives you the option to rig it to your smart phone or tablet.
- Plug and play option makes it convenient to start using.
- There are multiple features such as multi mode, vibration feedback, and switch function.
- There is a USB wire base gamepad.
- The controller work with Direct Input and X Input modes as well as left stick and D pad options.
Top2: DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PlayStation 4 in Gold
About this ps4 controller on pc
Love a controller and want one with a great color and design? That is what you get with this wireless controller unit.
This is a wireless controller that offers generations of play. There are revolutionary features you can expect to use and comfort due to the precision and intuitive controls it has. Distinct features of this product are the following:
- It offers precision control and has an intuitive design.
- Trigger buttons and analog sticks are enhanced to offer great control.
- Touch pad, built in speakers and integrated light bar makes it an exciting product to use.
Top3 Razer Wolverine Ultimate Chroma PC Controller
About this PC controller
This particular controller product has several unique features that make it popular in this segment. The main attraction is the design as well as a host of customizable features that it offers.
- It will adapt to your hands and you can interchange functions of the different components like the D-Pads or the thumb sticks.
- There are extra buttons that are offered for advanced gamers. These comprise of re-mapable bumpers with multi function mode, multi function triggers and a control panel that has intuitive functions.
- The Razer synapse option for Xbox or the on the fly remapping are next level techniques.
- Chroma lighting effects are unique and you can customize them as per your personal preferences.
The above products showcase what you can get in the budget category. There are certain limitations that every product comes with, either in case of compatibility with OS, wireless capabilities of battery life. Also, the kind of features and responsive design you expect would be limited in this budget category. What we explore below are PS3 controllers for PC.
Part # 2 Zoom in: PS3 controller on PC
What is great about PlayStation are the motion sensing capabilities that come heightened for the PlayStation 3. This being part of the video game console range offered by Sony Computer Entertainment, you will find the same range of PS3 Controller on PC offered for PCs as well.
How would you choose a PlayStation 3 controller? An ideal PS3 game controller for your PC would come with a gamepad that is responsive and great to use. It should also have inbuilt capabilities or plug and play options for Android OS. The battery life should be good as well as a wired and wireless controller would give you freedom of movement. Other features that are much desired in a modern controller are vibrations and buttons that are highly sensitive to your touch.
PowMax-A Bluetooth Game Controller
About this PC controller
This is a feature rich PS3 Controller on PC that will leave you wanting no more. What you get with it are the following:
- It comes with a gamepad that is of an ergonomic design and is responsive by nature.
- The grip of the stick is skid proof.
- The MCU chip that is fitted with the device is high speed and 32 bit. It is highly responsive and the buttons respond immediately to your touch.
- It comes fitted with Android Bluetooth compatibility and can be used with the PS3, IOS, Android tablet, phone and other devices.
- The device comes with great battery life.
- It has two motors built in that make games on this platform more realistic due to the twin vibration mode.
PS3 Controller Wireless Dualshock 3 Joystick
About this PC controller
The DualShock series is known to offer several renowned features such as:
- It comes of a patented design.
- The upgrade version that is offered comes with buttons that do not feel sticky and have grooves on them.
- The PS3 joystick comes with a wireless gamepad which has high sensitivity features.
- Two built in motors provide intense vibration which makes gaming more impressive.
- The battery life of the device provides eight hours of continuous play when fully charged.
- You will get lifetime support for the device and replacement guarantee for the different components.
What you get with this joystick will not leave you wanting more. It is a wireless controller with built in vibrators and six axis control features. The buttons have pressure sensitive and solid design. It comes with a directional pad as well. The analog sticks and trigger shape could be better however.
EasySMX Wireless 2.4G PC PS3 Gaming Controller
About this PC controller
The features of the product are the following:
- It offers a comprehensive range of compatibility. Hence, you can use it with Windows PC, Vista, and PS3 as well as with Android devices.
- It comes with a wireless transmission of 2.4G which is a technology that ensures zero delay and stable connection. You can game with this device from a distance up to 10 meters without fearing signal being interrupted or data loss.
- The built in vibrating motor of asymmetric design offers great feedback for every movement.
- The shape of the gamepad is such that it fits the hands naturally.
- It ensures a long battery life.
The above products of the PS3 category will provide you with immersive gaming experience. The touch sensitive gamepad and vibration technology in these devices along with wireless technology in some will provide you unparalleled gaming experience. If you wish to look at more advanced controller technology take a look at the next section below.
Part #3: Zoom in: PS4 controller on PC
You might wonder what you get with PS4 controller devices for PC that you do not get with the earlier technology. PS4 Controller on PC systems come with superior technology. When you opt for such a system for your PC it will come with certain advantages such as turning from rest to active mode, plug and play technology and so forth.
When you wish to look at the PS4 Controller on PC devices for your PC, know the features that these devices come with. If you have a certain level of gaming experience, then only opt for such superior technology devices. These come with hyper sensitive features and convenient plug and play capabilities. Hence, only when you have a certain level of gaming experience and requirements would you be able to enjoy such gaming devices. Here we look at certain devices in this category that are known for their popularity and features. We explore their advantages and limitations as well.
Editors’ choice: DualShock 4 Wireless Controller for PS4
About this ps4 controller on pc
This is a popular device in the market that needs no introduction. Dualshock series of the PS4 Controller on PC has a reputation in the market, which promises you controller technology that would give you a great gaming experience. Here are the features you can expect:
- It is a precision device that allows greater control for the players for the kind of games they can play on the PS4.
- The shape, feel and sensitivity of the trigger and dual analog stick are improved and offer great response.
- The touch pad offers multi touch and clickable features.
- There are different kinds of game play options that veterans and newcomers can explore.
- There is a built in stereo jack for headset and speakers.
Snakebyte Game Pad 4 for PS4- Black
About this Cheap PC controller
This is a PC controller from Snakebyte that offers all the technology compatible to PS4. You might not be able to use it with a PC, but other features are as updated as other products in this category:
- It is a wired controller that offers cable 3 meter in length.
- There are dual vibration motors fitted that ensure that haptic feedback is enhanced.
- Analog joysticks as well as triggers which are part of this gamepad ensure precise control for your games.
- The touch pad has clickable properties that provide great control.
- There are share buttons that help you upload game clips and easily share the same with others.
Sony Dualshock 4 Wireless PS4 Controller On pc – Red Crystal
About this ps4 controller on pc
Not only is this controller device of a great brand and technology, but it comes with a grand attractive design. This is the exclusive red crystal edition that is sure to be a thing of pride for every owner. Here are the distinctive features that this controller offers:
- The shape, sensitivity and feel of the analog stick and trigger buttons are enhanced.
- Players will find that they have great control on the games that they play on PlayStation 4.
- The share button is an additional feature. This helps you share your gaming moments with others.
- You can upload gameplay screenshots and videos on live stream and directly from your gaming system.
The above section showcased the popular product in the PS4 range. DualShock products promise you great looks with amazing technology features. You will enjoy responsive and fast gaming experience that would satisfy even hardcore gamers. If you wish to check out other popular products offered by other brands are those listed below.
Part #4: Zoom in: XBOX One Controller on PC
Here we take a look at XBOX Controller on PC that come with Xbox One technology. This premier gaming technology offered by Microsoft has much to offer. Even though a wireless controller of this Xbox series comes with an independent gaming platform you will find it easy to work with a PC as well when you opt for the Xbox wireless adapter for your Windows PC.
Editors’ choice: Microsoft Xbox One Wireless Controller
About this XBOX Controller On PC
What you get with this controller are several features. You will enjoy the Xbox One gaming experience with the following technology features it offers:
- Trigger buttons come customized that incorporating rumble feedback as well.
- The directional pad has precision technology.
- It can support Wi-Fi direct stack radio technology.
- The D pad offers versatility for which different game genres can be enjoyed such as FPS, fighting, sports and others.
- There is built in wireless radio feature.
- Data transfer can be fast to and from the console.
Editors’ choice: Razer Wolverine Ultimate Chroma
About this PC controller
This is a jet black design that is sure to attract several potential customers. There are different features that you can expect from this PC gaming controller:
- You can customize the model in different ways. From interchangeable D pads to thumb sticks, the controller device adapts well as per the hold and grip of different players.
- There are extra buttons as well that provide advanced gaming options. There are multi functional bumper buttons and triggers as well as a quick control panel. These can be re-mapped as per player requirements.
- There are advanced features that allow re-mapping on the fly as well as razer synapse aspects for XBOX Controller on PC.
- With Chroma lighting you can show off different styles on your gadget.
- The ergonomic design makes it comfortable for long hours of usage as well.
Editors’ choice: Razer Wolverine Tournament Edition Chroma
About this PC controller
For those who love tournament games and would want to own a stylish controller device, this is a product to look at. The features you can expect from this device are:
- The hair trigger mode is a way to reduce travel distance that is on your left while right triggers provide a competitive edge.
- Multifunction buttons are re-mappable which provide greater control under your fingertips.
- Chroma lighting is a signature aspect of the Razer Wolverine series that will allow you to enjoy stunning and unique looks for your gadget.
- The ergonomic design of the device allows one to game comfortably for a long time.
This section showcases the Xbox One controlling devices for PC that is popular in this segment. You get to check out the features of popular models in this segment. These controllers don’t only have great features but come with attractive designs as well. The above section showcases Razer Wolverine models that are not only of attractive designs, but are durable in quality and offer advanced functionalities as well.
Part #5: Zoom in: XBOX 360 controller PC
What can you expect in an XBOX 360 controller device? These come with wireless and wired forms. If you wish to get XBOX 360 controller PC model you will get versions that are compatible with different Windows OS versions such as 7, 8, 10, Vista, XP and others.
The XBOX 360 controller device comes with the following features like XBOX Controller on PC. They can be obtained in wireless as well as wired versions. You will get compatible versions that would work with different versions of Windows OS such as XP, 8, 10, Vista and others. If you opt for the wireless controller devices, then you need to run it with batteries. It is best to opt for a rechargeable pack in that case. Here we discuss popular products in this category with a focus on their popular features, advantages and limitations.
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
About this Wireless PC controller
If you opt for the wireless controller device of Xbox 360 series, there are several unique features to enjoy about it:
- It comes with a wireless technology that allows about 30 foot range, which offers enough of flexibility and distance.
- Four controllers can be used simultaneously with one console.
- Additional batteries are required.
- Vibration feedback can be adjusted which in turn will ensure that your battery lasts for long.
- The headset port is part of the integrated design that ensures LIVE play features.
- Right and left shoulder buttons ensure ease of use.
XBOX 360 Wireless Controller Gold Chrome Model
About this XBOX 360 PC controller
There are few models as good looking as this gold chrome model of the XBOX 360 series. That is one of the many aspects you will love about this product. Besides the attractive design there are other aspects of the model that you can explore:
- It offers wireless functioning that allows you to play from a distance of 30 feet.
- Four controllers can be used with this system at one time.
- It requires additional AA batteries, two in number.
- Vibration feedback can be adjusted to ensure longer playing hours without battery dying out.
- The headset port is integrated for the live play feature.
- Shoulder buttons on the left and right allow ease of usage.
- Controller features a responsive D pad as well.
With the above features you are sure to play with style and enjoy great response while playing. The attractive design helps you play in style as well.
Wired controller XBOX 360 afterglow and blue model
About this Best PC controller
Love a unique controller design like XBOX Controller on PC to explore? That is what this particular model offers. Besides an attractive design you will also love the technology features that it comes equipped with:
- The controller is designed with SmartTrack technology. This fine tunes the tracing range of the analog stick. When the tracking ranges are set to optimum levels, then reaction time and precision levels can be fine tuned.
- It is designed to work with XBOX 360.
- Rumble motors provide vibration feedback that is effective in providing the right gaming experience.
- Communicator port and headset are integrated in this model.
With the above features you can enjoy the latest technology as well as fast response and feedback while gaming.
For those who want to experience XBOX 360 gaming will surely like to look at the above products. Their features are great and so are the functionalities that they come with. Even though the controllers are priced at premier rates the models come with attractive designs and superior technology that make them great investments.
Part #6: Zoom in: Best PC flight stick controller
There are certain games where a joystick controller will help you enjoy with loads of fun. For instance, if you are playing flight simulator games, FPS or fighting games, these can be best enjoyed with a joystick controller device. The features of such a device are several which need to be checked before you make a purchase.
Those who are looking to buy a joystick controller for their PC racing games should look out for certain features that would make their gaming experience completely. For instance, these come with detachable throttle that makes them convenient to assemble and use as required. You will also find them fitted with Z axis rotation feature that helps in controlling the rudder. There are several programmable buttons as well that can help customize your gaming experience. We have showcased certain products in this category based on such features.
Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X Flight Stick
About this Thrustmaster PC controller
This is a product that comes with several aspects that make playing fun and convenient:
- The joystick has a wide hand rest, which ensures comfort while playing.
- There are 12 buttons that are programmable and 5 axles that come with similar features.
- The aerodynamic controlled dual system is experienced by using the handle in a rotational manner or by progressive tilting.
- It comes with an internal memory where programming details can be stored even when the joystick is not connected.
- The resistance levels can be adjusted.
As can be made out from the features explained in the above section, the flight stick comes with optimal design and functional features. Hence, it is much more than a mere plug and play device as it has several programmable and customizable options.
Thrustmaster T.16000M FCS HOTAS Controller
About this PC controller
For those who wish to enjoy all features of racing or flying games this is a controller device that is worth knowing about. The unique features of this product are:
- Action buttons are total 16 in number and in Braille style that can be physically identified.
- The Hall Effect is a unique technology incorporated in the product with 3D Hall Effect magnetic sensors.
- There are four independent axes that include the twist rudder.
- There are 14 actionable buttons as well as other functional features such as 8 way POV hat, 4 way switches and so forth.
- It comes compatible for using with PC through USB connector.
- The plug and play device works with ease with Windows Vista, 7, 8, 10.
Logitech G PRO Flight Rudder Pedals
About this PC controller
This particular pedal based gaming controller can offer great joy to those who are looking to enjoy flight simulation games and similar other gaming experiences. Features of this gaming device are the following:
- The pedals have self centering ability.
- The damping as well as footrests can be adjusted.
- Made of non slip material and fits different foot sizes.
- The device has a partial metal that allows durability and long life.
- The wire length is 1.8 m which is adequate for powering or charging requirements.
- The smart technology programmed in it allows gamers to be able to configure the controls as per their fighting or flying style.
- The device can work with different Windows OS versions such as 7,8,10 as well as XP.
Part #7: Zoom in: Best PC Steering Wheel
There are different kinds of gaming controller devices in the market, designed to help make your gaming experience as realistic as possible such as XBOX Controller on PC. For instance, you might opt for the PC steering wheel. These gaming accessories come with unique features that make racing and similar games more fun and realistic.
How do you choose a PC steering wheel? There are certain control features that make these products appealing and useful. For instance, you will find controls on them like D pad and face buttons akin to PS4. There are share and option buttons on the left and right of the device. These are some of the different unique features that make PC steering wheels great to use with games. Here are some popular models in this category that are described below.
Logitech Driving Force G29 PS4Racing Wheel
About this PS4 Steering controller
This particular racing wheel of an attractive design can be used for PS3 as well as PS4. There are different features that this racing wheel accessory comes with such as:
- The SIM racing wheel offers realistic steering as well as pedal action for racing games of different kinds as played on PS3 and PS4.
- It comes with a durable build and quality; there are steel ball bearings as well as pedals and shifter made of stainless steel.
- The wheel grip is of hand stitched leather.
- Dual motor feedback force can be experienced along with smooth and quiet helical gear experience.
- Controls are easily accessible such as the D pad on the wheel, paddle shifters, LED indicator lights, console buttons.
- The unit comes with responsive floor pedals.
- The unit comes with compatible with PS3, PS4, Windows7, 8.
Logitech G920 Driving Force Racing Wheel
About this Racing controller
This is another racing wheel offered by Logitech that is worth looking at. Here you find the distinctive features discussed:
- The wheel has a definitive SIM design that works with XBOX One.
- It also works with Windows 7, 8.
- The wheel has a floor pedal unit that is responsive and can be used to accelerate, change gears and brake akin to use in a real car.
- There is a six speed shifter and a push down reverse feature.
- The gear box has an H pattern that ensures smooth and fast shifting.
Thrustmaster VG T3PA-PRO 3 pedal add on set
About this PC controller
This is another model among PC controllers that provides lifelike driving experience. The pedal set might seem to be the bare minimum, but there are hidden features that ensure that your gaming experience is complete. The features that you can find in this product are:
- It comes with high end and realistic 3 pedal set.
- Users can use it in two different positions, floor mounted and suspended position.
- The metal construction makes it sturdy and durable.
- Spacing is adjustable as well as incline and height for each of the pedal components.
- Two removable brake mods are available that can be installed below the brake pedals.
- Compatibility of the model is with several racing wheel accessories such as the Thrustmaster series, Ferrari and TX racing wheel series.
What we found above are racing gear components that would help make your gaming complete. Whether you are investing in a racing wheel or pedal set, there are certain features that they come with what would be compatible with the varying requirements of gamers. In the following section what you will find are some popular wireless controller models discussed.
Part #8: Zoom in: Wireless PC controllers
The PC controllers of the wireless kind are a preference for most as gamers enjoy the freedom they get. It allows them to sit wherever they want as the connection remains strong till a certain distance; in well built wireless devices one can expect prompt response and feedback as well even if they are gaming at a considerable distance. Hence, the kind of built in wireless technology in these devices makes a difference.
Those who are looking to buy wireless PC gaming controllers need to understand what are the essential features that one needs to look at. While wireless controllers definitely make it more convenient for the game, much fear that the response and feedback would come with considerable delay that would spoil the gaming experience. To help people overcome such apprehensions we have reviewed some popular wireless controller models below. Their features are explored as well as advantages and limitations checked out.
Microsoft Xbox Wireless Controller
About this xbox Wireless controller
Among the wireless gaming controllers in the market the Microsoft wireless controller is a dependable and much sought after brand. Here are the features to expect from it:
- It offers enhanced feel and gaming comfort.
- It has a textured grip that helps you stay on target even for faster games.
- Bluetooth technology makes it convenient to connect to tablets or PCs.
- You can easily pair it with PCs that run with Windows 7, 8 as well as Xbox One.
- The design is small and portable and has sound support even on wireless technology.
Microsoft Xbox 360 Wireless Controller
About this XBOX 360 controller
This is one product that has several features to offer:
- It comes with an integrated wireless technology of 2.4 GHz that provides total control even when one is playing from a distance of 30 feet.
- It is compatible for most gaming platforms of Microsoft, both for PCs equipped with Windows 8 and Xbox 360.
- You will get to experience gaming that is universal and consistent.
- Vibration feedback ensures that game play is riveting every time.
- One can play in comfort due to the ergonomic design of the device.
- The integrated headset allows Xbox live play as well as works for PC headsets.
GameSir G3s Bluetooth Wireless Controller
About this Wireless PC controller
Though the previous products are better known in the market when it comes to choosing wireless PC controllers, this particular product from GameSir is also known to be popular among wireless models. Here are the main features that you can expect from it:
- MCU chip of 32 bit and high speed capabilities is inbuilt in the model.
- On time response and high sensitivity makes gaming great with this device.
- It can support Android games as well as arcade, D input and X Input versions. There are instructions provided to find the right mode easily on the device.
- The battery is an inbuilt model and can provide 18 hours of continuous play.
- Double shock, vibration effects lead to the great feedback and response.
- There is a free app provided that can be easily installed on your smart phone to enjoy the emulator software on mobile platforms.
Since wireless controllers are much in demand the popular products in this segment are showcased above. Most important factors to consider are the wireless technology that is inbuilt in these devices. That has led us to showcase to you the products that we discussed above. Ensure that you check the limitations of the products before you make a purchase.
Part#9 Guide & tips times: How to choose PC controllers
When you are checking out the different products that are available in this segment, there are certain factors that matter. They are listed below to help you make an objective decision when choosing a PC controller of the wireless kind.
Cross-platform or PC-dedicated?
Even if you are purchasing a PC controller a cross platform device is always an advantage. Hence, instead of choosing a PC dedicated one it would be wise to choose a device that offers cross platform compatibility. With that you will find OS adaptability across several versions for Windows PCs along with other devices. Having a cross platform compatible model also keeps options open to use it with other platforms or gaming consoles.
Wired or wireless
The next point to consider is the wired or the wireless models. Nowadays there are several gaming accessory brands that offer models that are compatible with both forms. Those who purchase wired models often complain of the short length of the wire or the loss in connection often. For those who opt for wireless models the analog drift is a concern. For that reason, ensure that you check the limitations mentioned about the product, especially when it comes to the connection when choosing a gaming controller.
Gaming PC controllers in different versions offer greater excitement and feel to the games. For that reason users have moved on from the standard keyboard and mouse devices that are designed for gaming on different platforms and also built for different categories of games. Hence, you can take a look at Gamepads, joysticks, steering wheels when it comes to driving games and light guns when it comes to shooting games. There are other devices like the ones that come with shoulder triggers where the actual feedback of guns fired are mimicked so that the users can feel the same when they play shooting games.
Size, weight, etc.
There are other aspects that you would want to consider when looking at PC controllers. The size and weight would matter when you are gaming with it. Light and durable devices are most popular as they are easy to handle and the feedback as well as response comes promptly. Portability of the device is also a factor to consider when purchasing a controller.
What controller should I buy?
Controller devices are several in the market. Once you have decided on the wired or wireless form as well as the type of gaming controller, you are interested in you can then make a choice. The reputed brand products such as Xbox products do come at a premier price tag, but they offer lasting warranty coverage as well.
Once you have considered or shortlisted the products available in the market as per the factors mentioned above, you can then make your choice. It is always wise to check the warranty and replacement terms before you make your final purchase decision.
Part#10 Tips times: How to connect your PC controller
Most of the PC controller devices come with plug and play technology. While the wired models need additional connections, in case of the wireless devices, all one needs is the wireless synchronization to be done after which one is all set to play. Usually there are certain setup instructions to be followed on the PC or the device you are using.
How to use Xbox one controller on PC?
XBOX Controller on PC provides you great gaming experiences. You can opt for this controller instead of using a mouse or keyboard to game on your PC. Connect the controller simply by the use of a USB cable. You could also use the wireless adapter software that is available for Windows. The connection can also be made over Bluetooth. Some PCs come with built in Xbox wireless software, in which case you can directly use it without the use of an adapter.
How to use an Xbox ps3 controller on PC?
If you wish to use Xbox PS3 controller on PC you need to use the following steps:
- Third party driver software is available called MotioninJoy.
- With this you would be able to play wirelessly with your PC if you have Bluetooth connectivity to your PC.
- Once the driver program is installed, you need to launch DS3 tool software.
- The PS3 controller can be plugged into the system through a USB port.
- You can make changes in the configuration setup through the Driver Manager section.
- Once the configuration is done right, you need to sign in to start playing.
How to use the Xbox ps4 controller on PC?
If you wish to use the XBOX PS4 controller on PC it can be easily done with DS4Windows. This makes the connection to the PS4 controller with your PC a simple task. It creates a simulated environment where the PC emulates the properties of an XBOX 360 controller. This is easily found from the DualShock 4 official website and other sources.
The above sections highlight all the important aspects that are there to know about choosing a gaming controller, how to connect one to your PC and so forth. With several products in the market, it can become a confusing choice. Once the right product type is chosen, then the purchase decision becomes easier.
If I were you, I will choose DualShock 4 controller. Here are 3 reasons
The reasons for choosing a controller of the DualShock series are several such as:
- It flaunts a technology that offers great feedback and response during play time.
- You will not find the shortcomings of Xbox products with this offering from Sony.
- DualShock is more reasonably priced than Xbox products.
For the above three reasons you will do well to invest in a Dualshock controller product.
Ready for our PC controllers recommendations?
Here is a list of popular PC controllers that find their way into our recommendation list:
- Sony DualShock 4 controller.
- Razer Wildcat series.
- Valve Steam Controller.
- Logitech Wireless Gamepad.
- Xbox One controller.
- Scuf Infinity One.
- PowerA Fusion Pro.
You can check out the features of each product or series that are present in the market. At the time of making a purchase ensure that the product you choose would be compatible with the Windows OS you use. There are both wired and wireless models to look at as well. Also, the form of the controller device would depend on your personal preferences. Many of the controller devices come with unique designs and features that one would choose above others.
Further reading time: Read ultimate guide
The technology of gaming PC controllers has evolved with time and advances in the technology come by every other year. Hence, it is best to be updated on what the latest products offer in terms of technology features that would make your gaming experience unique. Even budget products offer you unique controls, feedback and response that can make your gaming experience an immersive one.
The above section provides in depth know, how about the different factors that differentiate gaming controllers in the market. The previous sections showcase the popular gaming products in the market. You get a glimpse of the popular controllers and the different forms, the features they come with, limitations to consider and so forth. In totality it provides you an overall picture of the different gaming PC controllers in the market and how you can make a great purchase that is ideal for your PC gaming experience.
Last update on 2019-05-20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API