Epic Games’ Fortnite has been one of the most prevalent discussions in the last year of the Battle Royale game of the Fortnite has also been emancipating on September 26, 2017. The great news is that the player is not required to shed a penny for playing this game and also by the year 2018 the Story mode will also be made free. To get an early access one can buy it now.
The game Battle Royale has been somewhat denounced by the makers of PUBG (PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds) as it also utilizes the engine for the game by Epic Games.
Although the game is already revamped you can still do a few things to elevate its performance massively. Given below is the model to elevate the performance of Fortnite.
First and foremost, you are required to optimize your own PC. Set the “Battery Mode” to “High Performance” on your laptop that you are using. Beforehand, update all the GPU drivers and your windows as well.
Perform the steps given below if you are having NVIDIA’s GPU:
- Firstly select NVIDIA Control Panel and open it, then click on Manage 3D Settings
- Navigate to Fortnite by selecting the Program Settings. If you are unable to find it then click on Add and you will see it there. (run the game first and close it before doing this)
- Set the value of Maximum pre-rendered frames to 1
- The Monitor Technology should be set to G-SYNC (if possible)
- The Multi-Display/Mixed GPU Acceleration feature/ option should be set to Single display performance mode
- Set the Power Management Mode option as ‘Prefer maximum performance’
- Disable Vertical Sync
- Enable Threaded Optimization
- Lastly set Preferred Refresh Rate to maximum
Optimizing Game Settings
- Launch Fortnite and select Battle Royale.
- Click on Settings option and gear icon in there.
- We commend to view your windows in full-screen
- The Frame Rate Limit should be set to Unlimited
- Make sure that the 3D Resolution is 0%. It’s advantageous to lower your Display Resolution than to modify this setting.
- The View Distance should be set to Medium
- Set Shadows to Off
- Set the Anti-Aliasing option as ‘Off’
- Set Textures to Medium and modify according to your penchant.
- The Effects should be set to ‘Low’
- The Post Processing feature should also be set to Low
- ‘Off’ the Vsync option.
- Motion Blur option should be set to Off
- Show Grass option feature should also be set to Off
- After you have made all the changes you are required to save them and then exit Fornite.
Fortnite Executable Optimizations
- Now select your Fortnite executable file which is most commonly found in the path: C:/Program Files/Epic Games/Fortnite/FortniteGame/Binaries/Win64). The executable file is named as FortniteClient-Win64-Shipping.exe
- Select Properties option in the file by selecting Right-click.
- Select the tab Compatibility and check to Override high DPI scaling behavior.
- Click OK
If Discord is running then confirm that you have upgraded it too to boost up you FPS in all games.
- You are required to first navigate to Discord and open to then select the User Settings.
- Deselect the Hardware Acceleration option after opening Appearance tab.
Optimizing Google Chrome
To have a hassle free gaming experience you can close all the background applications that are currently running in Chrome so that they don’t consume a lot of resources while you are playing.
- Navigate to Google Chrome and open it, then select Settings option that is present on the top-right corner
- Click on the Advanced tab that is present on the bottom of the Settings
- Now confirm that the option Use hardware acceleration when availableis turned off
- Once you have made all the changes, save them and restart Chrome.
Clean all the Temporary Files
- Search for %localappdata% in the start button.
- Now open the Temp folder
- Select all the files present in Temp folder by dragging mouse or pressing Ctrl+A.
- Once you have selected all the files, now select Delete option by right-clicking on the mouse.
- After this delete all the items present in your recycle bin.
For easiness, we recommend you to use the free version of CCleaner.
Restart your laptop or PC once you have followed the above guide.